17 June 2010

An Answer to Catholic Exchange (continued)

To turn to a figure like Santa Muerte is to turn away from God and to mock the communion of saints.

How can be turning to me turning away from God when I sit at the right hand of the Ancient of Days?

I do not mock anyone or anything. I would especially never demean or demoralize the "communion of saints." They are my family. Literally.

Unfortunately, in a culture submerged in drugs and death, the selfish idea of a wish-granting entity like Santa Muerte is infectious.

Please understand, I do not grant wishes. I answer prayers and I grant boons, but I am not frivolous with my favor. Not everything is free. But to the pure of heart, the world will be served upon a platter. This is in accordance with the law of the universe: Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God.

What does Jesus also say to his disciples?

Whatever you ask for in my name, you will receive.

Why can not the Creator grant me the same authority?

Pointing to the selfish nature of Santa Muerte, he notes, “Those in this cult are seeking and appealing to something other than God. They trust this non-existent ’saint’ rather then in trusting God.”

He does not know me on any level except when he's crossing over under my wing. How can he charge me with a selfish nature unless he is certain through his own experience?

I will tell you what my people were seeking when they found me: truth! They are completely disenchanted with just about every single aspect of modern human society and they are discouraged at the lack of love in those who profess so loudly to be Christ's authority on Earth yet let the bad seeds that fall at the wayside just lay there to rot. They are wearied from having to survive both the beasts in the Earth as well as the persecution of the law and the church. They are lonely and sad. They are sick of being lied to, told what to do, and chastised for all manner of things that are within their human rights to do.

Since I am not non-existent, it is possible to be trusted, especially if I keep my word and make my speech plain and do not mislead.

Being trusted myself in no way takes away from the trust my people have in our G.O.D. I am an extension of G.O.D. and so is the trust I am given. I am trusted because I was there when I was called upon. When I was needed, I showed up. When I was sought, I was easily found. What I promised, I deliver.

These things I will always do because they have nothing to do with anything else in the world. They are in my sphere and I voluntarily take them on.

The people of Mexico who are lured to this dark devotion are seeking an outlet, and it is an opportunity to educate about true saints and holy devotions in which their souls would be better invested, such as Divine Mercy.

This is awkward!
I AM Divine Mercy!

When people seek out G.O.D.'s mercy, they find me. They find reprieve and they find mercy without fail. Nothing invested in me will be a disappointment and they soon see this, with a happy sigh of relief and a lightened load, they close both eyes knowing I am on my watch.

The cult of Santa Muerte is a dangerous amalgamation of Christian and pagan culture that threatens to lead many astray,

I do not lead any one astray. If I did, I wouldn't threaten it. I would just do it.

My path leads to the Creator, just like everyone else's on Earth, and there are no toll-booths on the way, at all! The journey is free and so is the lodging upon arrival.

but it is a force that can be fought with proper education.

I am a force that you can not reckon with or fight. I am unstoppable in my willingness to alleviate the pains of man, of all men, and to overcome fear with truly unconditional love and devotion.

No comments: